Continuation of COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control procedures at Paxton Green Group Practice from Mon 19th July 2021
Since March 2020, we have made several changes to how we operate as a practice to try and protect our staff and patients from COVID-19 infection.
On 19th July, nationally we will be entering the next stage of the roadmap out of lockdown which will mean a general relaxation in the rules regarding mask wearing and social distancing.
Operating in a health care setting, however, it is vital that the practice remains a safe place for all our patients, especially those who are particularly vulnerable to COVID. It is also important to keep our staff healthy and well so they can continue to support you and deliver effective healthcare.
For this reason, as a practice, we will continue to have a range of measures in place to reduce the number of patients needing to attend the practice and to ensure that the risk of infection is minimised for those who do attend.
From Monday 19th July, we will therefore continue to ask all patients to:
- Answer our triage questions prior to entering the surgery
- Always wear a face mask whilst in the surgery (If medically exempt we have face visors available which can be used).
- Use the hand hygiene gel provided
- Follow the one-way system around the practice and maintain social distancing, including in the waiting area and when talking to our receptionists.
These measures aim to protect staff and patients from the spread of infection and are also in line with Government Guidelines.
- The need for a face-to-face appointment will continue to be assessed by a clinician over the phone first.
- Our telephone advice line is available Monday to Friday from 8am-10am, (except bank holidays)
- Most problems can be dealt with by telephone, but if you need to be seen face-to-face a clinician will arrange this with you over the phone.
- Alternatively, if you think your medical need can be dealt with on-line then please visit our website (www.paxtongreen.uk) and select an on-line consultation with a doctor, nurse or pharmacist. Please note that this online option is NOT intended as a means of requesting a phone consultation.
Other Online Services
- In addition to online consultations, you can also book telephone appointments on-line via our website (providing you have signed-up for this service) and also request your medications online. You can also ask a question from our reception team using this method of contact.
We continue to involve our Patient Participation Group in seeking their views on our access arrangements. Please click here to read their most recent Newsletter which contains other news from the practice.
With many thanks for your continued understanding and co-operation.
Best wishes from
The Partners and Staff at Paxton Green Group Practice